The.218 Bee is a.22 caliber centerfire rifle cartridge designed for varmint hunting by Winchester in 1937. The cartridge was chambered in the Winchester Model 65 lever-action rifles. The.218 Bee cartridge was designed by Winchester for use in their Model 65 lever-action rifles, Winchester designed the cartridge by necking down the. 25-20 Winchester cartridge to accept a.224 diameter bullet. The. 32-20 can be considered to be the parent cartridge of the 25-20, the cartridge was introduced as a commercial cartridge by Winchester in 1937 in their Model 65 lever action rifle, which was chambered for the. 25-20 and. 32-20 Winchester cartridges. However, while the. 25-20 and the. 32-20 Model 65 rifles had 22 inch barrels, although not in common use, its still a very effective cartridge in its class, for example small to medium varmints out to about 200 yards. Production ammunition and rifles are available from a few manufacturers. In terms of performance, the.218 Bee falls between the smaller.22 Hornet, and the larger.222 Remington and the more popular.223 Remington.
In terms of short range velocity the.218 works quite well
No.1-class auxiliary submarine chaser
The No.1 class auxiliary submarine chaser was a class of submarine chasers of the Imperial Japanese Navy, serving during World War II. 200 vessels were built under the Maru Kyū Programme and the Maru Sen Programme, in 1939 the Imperial Japanese Navy had two diesel-engined harbour tugs, No.1182 and No.1183, built. The two tugs, which were completed in 1940, These two tugs formed the basis for a class of auxiliary subchasers and they had wooden hulls and were designed so that they could be converted to fishing boats after hostilities ended. I The IJN made a try of them, and they confirmed that it was effective subchaser, in 1941, the IJN ordered 100 vessels. In the wartime, their performance were good, they were always troubled by insect damage, because their hull was wood. They who survived war played a part for minesweeping of magnetic mines. Submarine Chaser No.1, completed on 27 March 1943, transferred to Japan Maritime Safety Agency as patrol boat and renamed Chidori on 1 May 1948. Submarine Chaser No.2, completed on 15 March 1943, submarine Chaser No.3, completed on 4 April 1943, survived war.
Submarine Chaser No.4, completed on 18 April 1943, transferred to Japan Maritime Safety Agency and renamed Kiji on 1 May 1948. Submarine Chaser No.5, completed on 26 February 1943, submarine Chaser No.6, completed on 12 March 1943, sunk by USN submarine on 7 July 1944. Submarine Chaser No.7, completed on 12 March 1943, submarine Chaser No.8, completed on 17 April 1943, struck a naval mine and sunk on 9 September 1944. Submarine Chaser No.9, completed on 10 May 1943, struck a naval mine, submarine Chaser No.10, completed on 9 April 1943, sunk in action on 18 March 1944. Submarine Chaser No.11, completed on 12 March 1943, sold to steamship company on 27 April 1948. Submarine Chaser No.12, completed on 6 April 1943, submarine Chaser No.13, completed on 12 March 1943, heavily damaged in action on 1 November 1943, scuttled. Submarine Chaser No.14, completed on 8 May 1943, submarine Chaser No.15, completed on 6 March 1943, sunk in action on 22 October 1944. Submarine Chaser No.16, completed on 10 May 1943, submarine Chaser No.17, completed on 10 May 1943, sunk in action on 18 February 1944.
Submarine Chaser No.18, completed on 30 April 1943, submarine Chaser No.19, completed on 24 April 1943, sunk in action on 30 January 1944. Submarine Chaser No.20, completed on 15 April 1943, submarine Chaser No.21, completed on 5 May 1943, sunk in action on 30 January 1944
1st Infantry Division (United States)
The 1st Infantry Division is a combined arms division of the United States Army, and is the oldest continuously serving in the Regular Army. It has seen service since its organization in 1917 during World War I. It was officially nicknamed The Big Red One after its shoulder patch and is nicknamed The Fighting First, the division has received troop monikers of The Big Dead One and The Bloody First as puns on the respective officially-sanctioned nicknames. It is currently based at Fort Riley, sibert, from Army units in service on the U. S. -Mexico border and at various Army posts throughout the United States. The total authorized strength of this TO&E was 18,919 officers, George S. Frank W. Coe, who served as Chief of Coast Artillery, was the divisions first chief of staff. The first units sailed from New York City and Hoboken, New Jersey on 14 June 1917, throughout the remainder of the year, the rest of the division followed, landing at St. Nazaire and Liverpool, England. After a brief stay in rest camps, the troops in England proceeded to France, the last unit arrived in St.
Nazaire 22 December. Upon arrival in France, the division, less its artillery, was assembled in the First training area, on 4 July, the 2nd Battalion, 16th Infantry, paraded through the streets of Paris to bolster the sagging French spirits. At Lafayettes tomb, Captain C. E. Stanton of the 16th Infantry Regiment stepped forward and said, two days later,6 July, First Expeditionary Division was redesignated as Headquarters, First Division. The total authorized strength of this new TO&E was 27,120 officers, on the morning of 23 October, the first American shell of the war was fired toward German lines by a First Division artillery unit. Two days later, the 2nd Battalion of the 16th Infantry suffered the first American casualties of the war, by April 1918, the Germans had pushed to within 40 miles of Paris. In reaction to this thrust, the Big Red One moved into the Picardy Sector to bolster the exhausted French First Army, to the divisions front lay the small village of Cantigny, situated on the high ground overlooking a forested countryside.
The 28th Infantry Regiment attacked the town, and within 45 minutes captured it along with 250 German soldiers and it was the first American victory of the war. The 28th was thereafter named the Black Lions of Cantigny, Soissons was taken by the First Division in July 1918. The Soissons victory was costly –700 men were killed or wounded, the First Infantry helped to clear the St. Mihiel salient by fighting continuously from 11 to 13 September 1918. The last major World War I battle was fought in the Meuse-Argonne Forest, the division advanced seven kilometers and defeated, in whole or part, eight German divisions. This victory was due to the efforts of George C. Marshall, who at the time was a captain in the 1st Division and organized soldiers movements, the war was over when the Armistice was signed
A10 road (England)
The A10 is a major road in England. Its southern end is at London Bridge in the London Borough of Southwark, from London to Royston it chiefly follows the line of Roman Ermine Street. Within the City of London, the route of the A10 comprises King William Street, Gracechurch Street, Bishopsgate and it becomes Shoreditch High Street, Kingsland Road, Kingsland High Street and Stoke Newington Road. It runs through Stoke Newington as Stoke Newington High Street and becomes Stamford Hill, in July 2013, the Tottenham Hale gyratory was removed and the A10 now follows the route of Tottenham High Road in both directions. North of Tottenham, the A10 leaves its historical route of Tottenham High Road/Hertford Road to join the Great Cambridge Road via Bruce Grove, the Roundway is the southern end of a long dual carriageway section of the A10, which extends to just south of Buntingford. This dual carriageway section bisects the London Borough of Enfield, skirting the Enfield fringes of Enfield Town before crossing the M25 motorway at junction 25, near Waltham Cross.
Until the late 1970s, the Great Cambridge Road passed through the towns of Broxbourne, since then, an all-purpose road from Cheshunt by-passes these towns. The Kingsmead Viaduct takes the A10 high over the Lea Valley between Hertford and Ware and the Hertford East Branch Line railway. North of Ware, a further scheme was opened in late 2004, taking the A10 around the Hertfordshire villages of Wadesmill, High Cross. The bypass would have opened sooner, but the lime-stabilised subsoil heaved, a substantial portion of the road surface had to be relaid. Further north, there is another section of 1970s dual carriageway road between Puckeridge and Buntingford, the contract for which was awarded to Meres Construction Ltd in April 1972, Buntingford was by-passed in the 1980s, however this is only single carriageway. From Buntingford, the runs through the villages of Chipping, Buckland. A10 traffic is signposted to travel north on the M11, skirting round the top of Cambridge on the A14, the former course of the A10 turns into the A1309 and heads for the city centre.
The A10 reappears to the north of Cambridge at the Milton Interchange of the A14 and heads north, bypassing Ely and its northern section runs along the valley of the River Great Ouse. Where the A10 bisects Cheshunt as a dual carriageway, it is prone to traffic congestion. However, in the wake of protests against a scheme in Wanstead, this was dropped. Society for All British Road Enthusiasts entry for the A10 Road to Nowhere – A10
1st Cavalry Division (German Empire)
The 1st Cavalry Division was a unit of the German Army in World War I. The division was formed on the mobilization of the German Army in August 1914, the division was disbanded in 1919 during the demobilization of the German Army after World War I. Initially, it was the cavalry division on the Eastern Front. It remained in the East throughout the war, from 6 January 1915 to 22 August 1917, the division was involved in coastal defence duties in northern Courland. It was transferred to the Ukraine in March 1918, where it remained until 29 January 1919, from 16 January 1918, it contained just one brigade of 3 regiments. A more detailed combat chronicle can be found at the German-language version of this article, 1st Cavalry Brigade became independent on 3 October 1916. 41st Cavalry Brigade was transferred to 7th Cavalry Division on 17 October 1916, 8th Cavalry Brigade joined from 2nd Cavalry Division on 25 July 1916 before moving on to the 6th Cavalry Division on 18 October 1916. 18th Cavalry Brigade joined from 4th Cavalry Division on 12 December 1916 before moving on to XXXXI Reserve Corps on 15 January 1918, 23rd Cavalry Brigade joined from 8th Cavalry Division on 1 February 1917 before becoming independent on 22 October 1917.
Allied Intelligence did not rate the Divisions fighting value, hospital 152nd Cyclist Company 153rd Cyclist Company 159th Cyclist Company German Army German cavalry in World War I German Army order of battle Cron, Hermann. Imperial German Army 1914-18, Structure, Orders-of-Battle, the London Stamp Exchange Ltd.1920. The German Forces in the Field, 7th Revision, 11th November 1918, Compiled by the General Staff, imperial War Museum and The Battery Press, Inc.1918
0 to 100 / The Catch Up
0 to 100 / The Catch Up is a song recorded by Canadian rapper Drake. It was released on July 15,2014 by OVO Sound, Young Money Entertainment, Cash Money Records, the song was certified Platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America January 30,2015, for selling over 1,000,000 digital copies in the United States. 0 to 100 / The Catch Up is a two part song with a length of six minutes and eight seconds. The first song,0 to 100, is a hip hop song that sonically and thematically resembles Drakes Started from the Bottom from his third studio album. Instead of starting from the bottom,0 to 100 speaks of the rapper going from zero to one-hundred in order to ground on all of his competition. The song received acclaim from music critics, appearing on several year-end top 10 lists. The magazine listed the track as the best rap song of 2014, rolling Stone listed the song as one of the 50 Best Songs of 2014, stating that it is six minutes that pan across the whole Drake saga. HipHopDX named the song as one of the Top 10 Singles of 2014, the song was nominated for Best Rap Performance and Best Rap Song at the 57th Annual Grammy Awards.
The song was used in a Sprite commercial starring Drake and Nas, the commercial was supposed to promote a limited-edition line of Sprite cans with hip-hop lyrics printed on them called Obey Your Verse. The Sprite line featured the Know yourself, know your worth lyric from this song, the instrumental was used at the 2014 BET Hip Hop Awards for an on stage cypher featuring various artists
The.38 Super or.38 Super Automatic is a pistol cartridge that fires a 0. 356-inch-diameter bullet. The Super was introduced in the late 1920s as a higher pressure loading of the.38 ACP or.38 Auto, the old.38 ACP propelled a 130-grain bullet at 1,050 ft/s. The improved.38 Super Auto pushed the same 130-grain bullet at 1,280 ft/s, the.38 Super has gained distinction as the caliber of choice for many top pistol match competitors, it remains one of the dominant calibers in IPSC competition. The cartridge was designed for use in the M1911 pistol and was capable of penetrating the body armor, when the.357 Magnum was introduced in 1934, this advantage of the.38 Super was no longer enough to lure police departments and officers from the traditional revolver. The.38 Super retains the original dimensions of the.38 ACP case, the cartridge was originally designed to headspace on the semi-rim, which worked in the Colt M1900 due to the design of the feed ramp. When the.38 Auto became the.38 Super, in the 1911A1, as a result of this, observed accuracy of the.38 Super suffered until Irv Stone of Bar-Sto barrels re-designed the chamber to allow headspacing on the case mouth.
Since then, all new production.38 Super pistols headspace on the case mouth, the semi-rimmed case is known to cause feeding problems in some magazines, especially double stack magazines, and led to the development of new variants with reduced rims. In 1974 the industry added the +P headstamp to the.38 Super to further distinguish it from the lower-pressure.38 ACP, most current ammunition manufacturers label ammunition for the Super as.38 Super +P. Since the.38 Super is dimensionally the same as the.38 ACP, the weakness, in the Colt M1900, M1902 and others derived from that design, comes from the assembly wedge at the front of the slide. If the wedge comes out, or the slide cracks at the wedge, the 1911 and 1911A1, having a slide that is solid on front, cannot come off the frame that way. The.38 Super has 1.14 ml cartridge case capacity.38 Super maximum C. I. P. The common rifling twist rate for this cartridge is 406 mm,6 grooves, ø lands =8.79 mm, ø grooves =9.02 mm, land width =3.07 mm, specify a bullet diameter of 0.356 inches.
Guidelines the.38 Super case can handle up to 230 MPa piezo pressure, regulated countries every pistol cartridge combo has to be proofed at 130% of this maximum C. I. P. pressure to certify for sale to consumers. The SAAMI pressure limit for the.38 ACP or.38 Auto is set at 182.72 MPa, the SAAMI pressure limit for the.38 Super +P is set at 251.66 MPa, piezo pressure. The C. I. P. and SAAMI specified.38 Super has a cartridge case. In recent years, cases such as the.38 Supercomp.38 Super Lapua.38 Super RL and these rimless cases are somewhat of a misnomer, due to the case rim not retaining the same diameter as the case wall just forward of the extractor groove. A common example is the.38 Supercomp case, which has a semi-rim extending only. 003-.004 per side, the nearly rimless cases improve feeding reliability in these pistols but are intended to be used in firearms that headspace on the case mouth. Other improvements found in some of cases are modified extractor groves
1st Cavalry Regiment (United States)
The 1st Cavalry Regiment is a United States Army unit to have its antecedents in the early 19th century in the formation of the United States Regiment of Dragoons. To this day, the special designation is First Regiment of Dragoons. The United States Regiment of Dragoons was organized by an Act of Congress approved on 2 March 1833 and it became the First Regiment of Dragoons when the Second Dragoons was raised in 1836. Its Headquarters were initially established at Jefferson Barracks, near St. Louis, in the spring of 1855, two new regiments of cavalry, the First and Second Cavalry, were authorized. One of these was named The First Cavalry Regiment, under the command of Lt. Col. Edwin Vose Sumner, Sumner was previously with the First Dragoons. In June 1834, the regiment filled its complement of officers, many of whom became noted Civil War generals, Henry Dodge Lieutenant Colonel, Stephen W. Kearny Major, Richard B. Captains, Clifton Wharton, E. V. Sumner, Eustace Trenor, David Hunter, Lemuel Ford, Nathan Boone, Jesse Bean, Matthew Duncan and David Perkins.
First Lieutenants, Philip St. George Cooke, S. W. Moore, A. Van Buren, J. F. Izard, Jefferson Davis, L. P. Lupton, Thomas Swords, T. B. Wheelock, J. W. Hamilton, B. D. Moore, and C. F. M. Noland. Second Lieutenants, James Allen, Theophilus H. Holmes, J. H. K. Burgwin, J. S. Van Derveer, J. W. Shaumburg, Enoch Steen, James Clyman, J. L. Watson, and B. A. Terrett. Brevet Second Lieutenants, William Eustis, G. W. McClure, northrop, G. P. Kingsbury, J. M. Bowman, Asbury Ury, A. G. Edwards and T. J. McKean. First Lieutenant Jefferson Davis was the first adjutant, but resigned the staff position 4 February 1834 and this assignment was revoked in May 1918. 1921 – 1st Cavalry Regiment was assigned to the 1st Cavalry Division on 20 August,1933 – The regiment was reorganized and redesignated as 1st Cavalry Regiment on 16 January. 1940 – The regiment was redesignated as 1st Armored Regiment,1944 – On 20 July, 1st Armored Regiment was reorganized. 2d Battalion was deactivated and the remainder was reorganized and redesignated as 1st Tank Battalion,1948 – On 20 December, 1st Constabulary Squadron was reconverted and redesignated as 1st Medium Tank Battalion, reassigned to the 1st Armored Division, and deactivated.
1951 – On 27 February, 2nd Battalion, 1st Armored Regiment was reconstituted, and redesignated as 100th Tank Battalion. On 7 March, 1st Medium Tank Battalion was reactivated as part of 1st Armored Division at Fort Hood, Texas. In October 1833, the five companies first organized were sent under Colonel Dodge to winter in the vicinity of Fort Gibson, Arkansas Territory, where they remained until June 1834